Welcome to Social Mouth, I'm Sam, and I am a Content Marketing and Social Media Consultant, helping small creative business owners find their brand voice online.
After 15 years working in the retail industry, (from the independent to the Global brand), including time spent managing the social accounts for a Global retailer, I decided to go it alone and start my consultancy, offering the kind of advice usually only available to the big brands (with the big budgets) to the small business owner.
My primary focus as a consultant is to help you, as a small business owner, FIND YOUR VOICE on social media and not feel scared or mystified by it.
Ten years ago I was made redundant after the independent retailer I had worked for went into administration. I believe that if social media had been around then in the same way it is today, that shop would still be going, social media after all, is a completely free marketing tool! In fact, I'm so passionate about small and mighty businesses and social media I host a weekly podcast celebrating and supporting the small business owner and creative entrepreneur. We talk about their business journey and what role social media plays in their business - every episode is jam packed full of advice and series two features some highly successful entrepreneurs sharing their business lessons.
First and foremost, Social Media is how 99% of my clients find me, so I know first hand how important social media is to your business and how you can use these FREE marketing platforms to your benefit.
I love nothing more than seeing the success my clients have after an Intensive Day, Workshop, Insta-Clinic Skype Coaching or completing my Instagram for Business e-course, it makes me so happy to see the work I've created helping others. Watching start-up seedlings become small and mighty “micro-brands” is what I get out of bed for.
In my free-time, (if you can tear me away from Instagram) you’ll find me walking my miniature dachshund Monty listening to a podcast and snapping the scenery for my 'gram.
I LOVE meeting new people, so if you're in the Richmond-Upon-Thames area in West London and fancy going for a dog-friendly coffee with my esteemed colleague Monty then give me a shout - if not, there's always Skype.
What is Social Mouth All About?
The voice of many independent brands is being lost amongst the noisy big players; there's belief that he who shouts the loudest (or has the most followers) gets the customer and this just is NOT TRUE I help small (and mighty) businesses to stop copying the marketing activity of the corporates (on a fraction of their budgets) and instead, learn how to find their voice and whisper directly into their target customers ear.
Who I Work With
- Creative, pioneering and forward-thinking small (and mighty) product based businesses, this includes creators, makers and independent shopkeepers
- Businesses where the founder is the beating heart of their business, both behind the scenes and, (prepared to be) quite literally, in front of the camera
- Passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic business owners who want to be brilliant at social media marketing
- Brands that are floundering in the social media sea or haven't yet dipped a toe in
- Indies who are confident in their business model and branding and just need direction and support marketing themselves
How I Work
- Creative and strategic thinking, planning and do-ing, I teach a marketing strategy, not specifics! Although we will specifically apply this to Instagram, I want you to feel safe knowing that if Instagram closed down tomorrow, you've been taught a marketing strategy that can be applied to any other area of marketing you choose, you just need to adjust your tone of voice.
- No Fluff. You're a business, you want to make money, I 100% get that, and that's why I'm going to teach you to build a community that converts. I'm going to show you how to sell, without obviously selling. Buh-bye product images and boring captions telling people to "buy now!" or maybe you've been doing the total opposite and are so scared of selling that your audience doesn't even realise you have something for sale. Eek! This is a no fluff zone; we're going to talk about the hard stuff and the whole reason you're on social media in the first place!
- Putting you in the driving seat and coaching you on how to win the race, no shortcuts, and no cheating. I do not drive the car for you, but I make you feel like a World Class Racing Champion. (Definition: I don't manage social media accounts.)
- Constant cheerleading, enthusiasm, and passion for your business. I take my role as your social marketing coach very seriously, and I only work with clients that I can get behind and clients that are equally as enthusiastic about learning. Your success is my success.
- Bespoke ALWAYS. Every business is as unique as its owner. Which is why, I promise I will never rock up to our strategy meeting with a powerpoint presentation. Yawn. We left those behind in the corporate world.
- Me. You paid for me to help you; you get me. Not my assistant, not my associate. Always me, every time.
Ready to join the Social Mouth Squad?
Social Mouth is currently, just me, which means although I want to help every small business that comes my way, sadly I just can't - there just aren't enough hours in the day! Take a look at the services I offer and get in touch to arrange a time for us to have a really good chat about your business and where you're at marketing wise. I will be 100% honest as to whether I can help you and will advise you as to which service is right for you. Sometimes, I may have to refer you off to someone else as perhaps I can't help with what you need or you're just not ready and possibly need to sort out your website, branding or product offering first. I'm not interested in selling you something you don't need; I genuinely believe that your success is my success and I want you to recommend me to all your business buddies and if I try to sell you something you don't need - that's hardly going to happen!
Click the button below and take the first step towards creating a community that converts.
Not Convinced Social Media Is Right for Your Brand?
Here are some facts THAT *MIGHT* JUST CHANGE YOUR MIND...
Instagram vs. Facebook, both have their purpose but according to ad week, Facebook is where we go to spend time with our friends and family, users say that "Facebook offers more exposure to bold new ideas and unexpected ways of thinking" Whilst Instagram users "like the platform for its capacity to connect them with friends, family and celebrities, they’re just as likely to use it for fashion and beauty cues, interior design inspiration and cool do-it-yourself project ideas" Perfect for your product or boutique then!
Direct email marketing outperforms social media marketing in terms of conversions, but social media marketing can help you create better emails in order to snag that sale by helping you really understand what your customer wants. (mail munch and salesforce)